1. Customers are requested to ensure that their bin is always marked with their house number.
2. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that Freshbins has correct and current contact details.
3. We operate a kerbside service, customers are requested to leave their bin at the boundary once it has been emptied so that the cleaning process can take place. Bins will be left at the boundary after washing unless agreed otherwise. (If you have an assisted collection, please inform us and we will collect and return the bin to its storage position for you).
4. Freshbins will notify the customer of the start date of the four-weekly cleaning schedule and will provide you with a cleaning calendar for the current year, thereafter the customer should make themselves aware of the cleaning schedule and make their bins available for cleaning on the correct days. Our cleaning schedules are available to view on our website at www.freshbins.com just follow the link to round schedules, and you can check your cleaning week numbers against the calendar.
5. We cannot clean a bin if it is contaminated with wet paint, excessive amounts of wet oil, or Cat & Dog faeces.
6. Cleaning can sometimes take place up to 24 hours after the waste collection, it is the customers responsibility to make sure the bin is left available for cleaning i.e. it should remain empty and be in plain sight and accessible on your property.
7. If your bin is going to be unavailable for cleaning on a scheduled cleaning day i.e. holiday’s, please give at least 24 hours advance notice to Freshbins in order to preserve the cleaning credit.
8. Failure to comply with the above may mean that we are unable to clean your bin which will result in the loss of a credit.
9. If any material remains in the bin after the refuse collection it will be at the operatives discretion as to whether cleaning can be carried out. If the operative decides he can clean the bin then any material removed will be bagged up and returned.
10. The minimum subscription is for six cleans of each colour bin chosen otherwise, the one-off cleaning fee applies.
11. Freshbins will issue pay in advance customers with a re-subscription notice on the day of the last subscribed clean. If the customer does not wish to subscribe for further cleaning, notifcation must be given to Freshbins within seven days of the last subscribed clean.
12. If the customer fails to respond to the re-subscription notice; to prevent interruption to service, Freshbins will clean the bin on the next scheduled cleaning day and will issue a reminder notice that you’re account is now in arrears.
13. If the customer re-subscribes to the service following the reminder notice the cost of the clean will be offset against the subscription fee at the subscription rate.
14. If the customer fails to re-subscribe following the reminder notice the customer will be liable for the cost of the clean at the one-off cleaning rate and an invoice will be sent to this effect. Failure to pay this invoice may result in legal action.
15. In the event that we are unable to clean your bin, advanced notice will be given where possible and cleaning credits will be preserved.
16. If we are unable to clean your bin due to bad weather, freezing conditions or other factors beyond our control, this will be deemed as chargeable; however we will do our best to catch up the missed clean when conditions become workable again (this may not always be possible).
17. If the Council notifes the customer of any change to the regular refuse collection please ensure that Freshbins is aware of it.
18. In the event of a customer relocating, subscriptions may transfer to the new address where possible. If it is not possible to transfer the subscription a discretionary refund of the remaining subscription fee may be arranged. Refunds will be calculated by unused credits multiplied by the subscription rate paid, less an administration fee equivalent to two credits.
19. Direct Debits for new customers are for a minimum initial contract of 6 months as per original order. Cancelling a Direct Debit before the end of this contract will result in an invoice being issued for the remaining contract amount, plus a £10 administration fee. Once the initial 6 month period is complete Direct Debits can be cancelled at any time by giving one months notice. Existing customers who have previously paid in advance for their service for at least 6 months are not subject to the 6 months minimum contract when switching to Direct Debit payments.
20. A customer cancelling Direct Debit arrangements with their bank must also notify Freshbins to prevent any unwanted cleans/charges being made. An administration fee of £10 will be added to your normal monthly subscription amount if unpaid for cleans have been carried out by us prior to receiving notice of cancellation from you.
21. If a Direct Debit collection is unsuccessful, we will notify you by email or telephone. We will then allow you a seven day grace period to make your normal monthly payment without penalty. If we do not receive payment from you within the seven day grace period, an administration fee of £10 will be added to your normal monthly subscription and, we will attempt to collect your revised payment at the beginning of the following month as normal. If the collection fails again the following month, your account will be placed on stop until all the due payments are made.
22. We are closed for a period of four weeks starting at the end of the last full working week before Christmas Day. Customers paying by Direct Debit please note; Bins are cleaned at 4 weekly intervals and there will be some months in which you will receive an extra clean of the same coloured bin. These extra cleans take into account any missed cleans in the period when we are closed. You make 12 monthly Direct Debit payments each year and you receive 12 cleans of each coloured bin chosen.
23. If/when your garden waste bin collection is suspended by the council we will clean one of your other bins or caddy in lieu, unless you instruct us otherwise. This will normally be the bin/caddy that is collected alongside your garden bin.
24. By using our service you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. If you have any queries please contact us within 7 days of receipt, thank you.
We may collect the following information: name and job title, contact information including email address, demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests, other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites: Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We do not store any financial information – any details used in the transaction are not kept or made available to us after the transaction has completed.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email address]. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to [address].
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.